Wish to have more experience in how to access this fairytale stuff that all the crazy-good skiers and snowboarders get all gooey about? SLOWderchase is aimed at getting you into the best powder, offering the oppertunity to improve your own riding skills. Like a regular Powderchase: only the date is set for these powder trips into the Alps. What our destination will be, is decided last-minute by snow and weather forecasts. We’re warning you: your life will never be the same after this!
It’s practically identical to a regular Powderchase but aimed at people who want to improve their backcountry riding skills through hard training (as said – pure powder pleasure). All at a much easier pace with a group that has the same intentions. For all three days you will be accompanied by both a certified local instructor and a highly experienced tailguide from Powderchase that will show you little tricks to move around the backcountry easier and more efficient, so you have more energy to have fun!
The SLOWderchase will take place during the regular Powderchase that is held this weekend, but will follow its own daily schedule.
What does a Powderchase weekend look like?
- Thursday evening: arrival dinner & getting acquainted
- Friday: riding day with the guides
- Saturday: riding day with the guides
- Sunday: riding day with the guides
- Sunday evening: pack up and head on back home
A SLOWderchase includes
- 3 nights of basic accommodation including breakfast
- 3 days of riding, 3 of which are guided by certified skiing instructors
- Free use of our Völkl and Nitro test fleet
What’s not included
- Travel to the selected SLOWderchase destination
- Lunch and dinner
- Avalanche safety gear (but you can rent a complete set from us – let us know)
- A Cold One after ploughing through powder all day long
TAKE ME TO THAT POWDER
You will have a huge smile on your face after an unforgettable day in the snow, with new friends and tired legs. The only thing you need to take care of:
- Transport to the SLOWderchase location (organizing carpools with other Powderchasers is possible in accordance to Covid -19 restrictions in the countries you are traveling to)
- Avalanche and safety Gear (backpack, transceiver, shovel, probe and helmet)
- Being in shape (enough to spend 5-6 hours in freeride terrain)
- Being competent enough to handle black slopes comfortably.
- Respecting Covid – 19 restrictions in the selected area
- Being in a flexible state of mind
max. 7 spots, 1 group of 7