EARN YOUR TURNS
This will be the sixth year that we do Tourchase, and it’s already becoming a bit of a legend for those that have attended the previous ones.
It is more touring (i.e. walking up) than we normally do at Powderchase, so you need to be into this. But the rewards are immense, your connection to the emptiness of the mountains will be unlike what you have experienced before.
If you have little touring experience, but are fit and interested in getting more into touring Tourchase is quiet a tough challenge, but doable. The ‘High Output’ group is only suitable for people with more experience in touring and excellent fitness.
What does a Tourchase weekend look like?
Tourchase is a guided 4-day traverse from one place in the Alps to another. The exact route and locations will be chosen depending on weather and snow forecasts. Depending on the chosen route it will become more clear how to organise logistics (leave your car at the end and shuttle to the beginning, or leave your car at the beginning of the trip and shuttle from the end). This will be decided in close communication with the participants.
Obviously you will need tourable equipment: i.e. tourable skis or a splitboard (a snowboarding set-up with snowboard plus snowshoes does not work well enough).
A TOURCHASE WEEKEND INCLUDES
- 4 nights of basic accommodation including breakfast
- 4 days of touring, 4 of which are guided by UIAGM certified guides
- Free use of our Völkl test fleet
WHAT ISN’T INCLUDED
- Travel to the selected Tourchase destination
- Liftpasses if necessary
- Lunch and dinner
- Avalanche safety gear (but you can rent a complete set from us – let us know)
- Shuttle between start and finish locations according to Covid – 19 restrictions
- A Cold One after ploughing through powder all day long
max. 6 spots, min. 5 persons